Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Capitalising on Dracula?

I'm about to turn 26 ...theoretically in about 3 hours, in reality, tomorrow evening at 10:). As last evening I was very very cold, I went to bet at around 8 to get warmer and fell asleep in about 15 minutes. The girls tried to wake me up by being noisy, but apparently I slept like a log (need to check with Nora to see if it's correct to use this Romanian saying in English:) ). I woke up at 6 a.m, confused, I actually slept with all my clothes on, something that never happened before. So I decided to call in sick. This evening, fearing a repeat of my 'falling before 9', the girls threatened to come rushing in my room at the stroke of midnight. So I decided it's better to simply have a coffee at 7 and hope for the best:)...

I feel worried for not being seriously engaged in a relationship or even for not having kids yet at 26:))...but as I was telling a friend a while ago, some women collect men, I collect certifications:).

Anyhoo, as Jon Stewart would put it, I wanted to share with you that a new camp in Irak will be called Dracula, and I am happy to see that we are at last capitalising on the most famous Romanian asset: the vampire story. In other words, the result of the Bucharest NATO summit, technically speaking, was that Romania (through its enlightened president Basescu) pledged more troups in Irak. We simply need more wars in order to find our way in the world at this point in time apparently.

This being said, I am so happy that my uncle is no longer in active duty, therefore not at risk of being sent in a war zone. It was hard enough for all the family to know he was in Kosovo, post war, with the mines and all...

Happy Birthday for me in anticipation!:)

No comments: