Monday, March 31, 2008

About the purpose

My posts have a dual purpose:

1. first, they relate me to the world, and usually these are the posts in English, but moreover, they are the posts with details and hints, things that happened during the week, people in my life, and other of the sort.

2. second, they relate me to myself, by having the psychoterapeutic function of a quest. Hence the boat, and the meaning of the story behind the boat picture: the connection between the hero and the subject, in this case, the 'subject' being the theme of the voyage. (Because the quest is not always a quest, sometimes it is a voyage? :)) )

I have been told, yet another time, that I forgot to write in English.

I did not forget, but I believe that some aspects are of no interest to the people reading my blog posts and that I can write them only to find a sense among the things going on in my head.

So, going back to the purposes:

1. I need to keep in touch and somehow preserve, maintain, develop and encourage the relations with the friends I have and who are reading my posts...one needs time to grow a friendship and time is something I do not have right now. But I need my friends and their input, so I try to make a communication compromise. What I am not happy with: the fact that I do not have the same chance of reading their blogs/potential blogs.

2. I need this space and method to find some things about myself. I chose to do it like this and I am aware that it is partly innapropriate. So I am trying to find a balance between what I need and what I can actually do on my blog. These are merely notes to myself, and therefore criptic and uninteresting for many of those reading the posts...

In the end, I cannot solve this English/Romanian issue:). Sometimes I'm merely too tired to be able to produce an English post, especially when I realise it's not gonna be too much use to anybody, anyway.

No comments: