Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Multitasking

I have long wanted to discuss publicly a certain peculiar aspect of my existence...no, not that of the parentless child, this time:).

I am talking about the imposibility to focus on more than one thing at once. And one good example is the post concerning my hunger. If I'm hungry, thirsty, if I need to go to the toilet :), anything...I can't concentrate on other issues. One aspect can occupy the entirety of my brain. Unlike Napoleon or women, I can only focus on the task/idea at hand...Sometimes, it comes in handy, like for example when I need to study and it's noisy, when I need to work and people talk to me:), when I need to sleep and there's a party around (loud music, lights on and off, people:) )...maybe this last skill is more trained and acquired than native, I've actually developed it when I was in college and the bed was vibrating due to the music that was extremely loud...:)

I've kept wondering whether this is something I've learned to do or something that's an intrinsec characteristic...

Anyway, because I was hesitant in using 'wondering' in the above sentence and I'm still not sure whether it was the correct use:), I give u now a bit of one of my favourite poems:

1 Art thou pale for weariness
2Of climbing heaven and gazing on the earth,
3 Wandering companionless
4Among the stars that have a different birth,
5And ever changing, like a joyless eye
6That finds no object worth its constancy?

And we can play find the author, although I'm not sure I shouldn't just input the name right now to avoid copyright problems later:)...

No comments: